We are a group of college students at SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry who are going to be trying something new in our writing class. Environmental awareness is something we would like to spread, so we are going to be publishing weekly installations about the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. We will be posting pictures and writing about some of the problems that the Park faces today.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bio: Emily



I'm a sophomore at SUNY ESF studying environmental biology. I've only been to the Adirondacks two times, both on trips sponsored through school, and have really only explored the Adirondack Ecological Center and the large property owned by the college. However, this summer I'll be staying for five weeks at the Cranberry Lake Biological Station housed in the ADK while taking classes towards my major. I'm from Pennsylvania and have spent many summers hiking along the Appalachian Trail. I plan to hike all of the high peaks in the Adirondacks at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment